Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day One


Greetings from Our Team,

We have spent our first full day in Bangalore! How exciting it has been for me to be here. It was a LONG time in getting here and God has been with each one of us the whole time. Praise His Name! He has given us a safe trip and I’m very thankful for that.

The first word that comes to my mind after being here for one day is BUSY!! I can’t begin to tell you how noisy it is and how much traffic there is here. I learned real quick to just close my eyes as the driver of our van took us to the hotel. The only noise that the driver’s can relate to is the blaring of each other’s vehicles sounding their horns letting everyone know to get out of the way.
We witnessed many people today as we walked the streets sightseeing. Some of them looked as though they might be homeless. Many would come up to us trying to sell us their goods and practically not taking no for an answer. You can’t help but ask yourself…”I, wonder what their life is like?” Only God knows what is happening in their lives.

It is clearly evident after being here for one day that God has brought us here for a reason. My prayer is that we will be able to witness to the Indian people whom God loves and desires to have them know HIM.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers.


Vicki

PS –I want to take this opportunity to say hello to my family. I miss everyone very much. Steve….thanks for all of your encouraging words and special notes that you surprised me with. It was great to hear from you! I am looking forward to seeing you soon.

4 comments:

  1. Thats my gal! You can't help but love her. I am very proud of her taking this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there dear sister!

    I am so excited for this wonderful spiritual experience you will have relating His word to the Indian people. I know their lives will be much richer for all the love and goodness you will be bringing their way. To be able to bring God's words to them will be such a heartfelt experience.
    I will be with you in thoughts and prayers each day!
    Love pam......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki!!!
    Tab & I have been reading each day's most interesting journey! We can't wait to hear your own stories of your days in India.
    What an awesome experience!
    You are in are thoughts and prayers everyday!
    Love Pam & Tab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vic, How are the deep knee bends going? It sounds like you are having a very interesting and I'm sure rewarding experience as well. We are looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing pictures when you return home. Be careful and remember always wear shoes in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete