Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day Ten - Our Final Day in India...

We are nearing the end of this amazing journey in India and I find myself troubled—troubled with how much I have when so many in this country alone have so little. I’ve seen some of the poorest children attending school on dirt floors, with leaking ceilings, limited space and resources and yet they gratefully attend with joy and excitement, because they realize the precious gift they have in what “little” they have been given. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if our children could understand the gift they’ve been given in their education, health, opportunities and faith? And wouldn’t it be wonderful if we as parents put more value on these as well and focus less on giving them so many “things.”

Over the past two weeks I’ve seen men and women tearfully receive the first pair of glasses they have ever known, they are so grateful to receive the gift of sight and do everything they can to show you their gratitude. In providing so many with new sight, God has blessed me with a new pair of glasses. I pray God will continue to stir new realizations and thoughts when I return home and I pray I never forget the amazing people that have changed my heart, my mind and my faith.


Rachel

4 comments:

  1. margaret --rachel's mom
    greetings from columbus, in. usa.
    i just read the two messages this morning. good to hear fro the team . rachel, i know this has to be a life changing experience. i look forward to hearing your stories but i'm sure they won't compare to seeing them first hand as you have. yes i will continue to pray for the people of india especially for the ones the team has met while they've been there. thank you for the messages and photo's they have been a real blessing, they have helped us back home feel more closer to the team and what you were all doing. rachel, please give vicki a hug for me ,
    have a safe trip home, i look forward to seeing you,
    " God "speed to you all,
    MARGARET

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well put. I pray you bring us all new "love glasses" to wear and new sight through your experience. Thankfulness, like your new friends have shown, is a better way to live, but it requires trusting in God to deliver. And He does with each new day whether I feel like it's a good day or bad day. He's showing me things to be thankful for. Right now I'm thankful for my family and friends and blogs!

    Seth and I hope you have a peaceful trip back. The house is trashed, but we're cleaning up. You are definitely our sunshine, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While we here can't fully realize all that you have seen and experienced on your journey, the blogs have been such a help to all of us to understand some of what you are experiencing and to know that you are all well. Rachel, you are so right.... we all take so much for granted every day and continually want for more and in doing so have passed that on to our own children. Look forward to hearing about all your experiences. We continue to pray for your safe return home. Hope that John has improved and pray that he will be comfortable during your trip home.... that each of you will be comfortable and hopefully be able to get some rest. God Bless each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, I know a part of you wished the trip wasnt over, but another part of you is ready to see your sweeties:) I have really enjoyed reading the blogs. Opened my eyes to how it really is there. As I read your blogs at home, I am normally warm, comfortable, with a full stomache. And feel some guilt that I have it so nice. I have alot to be thankful for and will try to never take it for granted again. I cant wait to see you and talk about all that you have seen for yourself. Have a safe trip home. I know god is watching over you. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday! love you....Becky

    ReplyDelete